Context:

I have 2 dogs. They each have 2 food bowls. They get a clean bowl with each meal. After each meal, I pick up their bowls and place them in my kitchen sink. At the end of the day, I run the four dog bowls in the dishwasher alongside my own. For additional context, the bowls are made of ceramic and I use the high temperature sanitizing cycle on the dishwasher.

The story:

I started dating “Steve” a short time ago. Last weekend he came to my place and I made him dinner. After dinner, Steve saw me place my dogs’ dishes in the dishwasher along with our dinner dishes and he was absolutely disgusted. He said that running the dogs’ bowls alongside my own was unsanitary and a health hazard. I have never seen an issue with this because in my mind, the heat from the dishwasher kills bacteria. Steve’s argument is that dogs have different bacteria in their mouths than us and “mixing it” can be dangerous. He insists he won’t eat anything off any of my dishes again until I promise that I will start handwashing the dogs’ bowls separately because only “human dishes should go in the dishwasher.” Is this unsanitary? Thoughts?

submitted by /u/8pawsaround to r/AmItheAsshole
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/mgbQL0y
via IFTTT